Navigate by clicking on doors or door numbers.
…a narrow space where one wall boasted half-finished carvings and another some sort of carnival poster. There was a little confusion as we made our entrance but we soon sorted ourselves out.
It was impossible to climb up the slippery slide and another door wouldn’t open for us, so after emptying the pebbles from our shoes, we marched on to…
- Images and text copyright 1985 by Christopher Manson
used with permission. [Purchase MAZE from Amazon]
Solution Summary: [COLLECTION CURATED BY WHITE Raven. SEE COMMENTS FOR ADDITIONAL SOLUTION PROPOSALS.]
● The carnival poster is a pictorial anagram for “no escape.” NOSE+APE+C (“See” = C) rearranged spells NO ESCAPE. [Independent Credit: David G | Beelzebibble | White Raven]
● The single boot is lost suggesting the group is lost as well. Its partner may be the boot from Room 42. [Credit: a collective assumption]
● The comment in the text, ““It was impossible to climb up the slippery slide and another door wouldn’t open for us…” is a subtle hint that this is a trap room. [Independent Credit: Hello Gregor | White Raven]
● The rooms of The Trap can be laid out like a two-prong key. The broken key is a map of The Trap. The break is telling us to stay on the handle side away from Room 24 (The Abyss). [Independent Credit: vewatkins | White Raven] The unfinished (broken looking) doorway leads to the bad prong end of the key. [Credit: vewatkins]